1. South East Slope

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.59130°N / 123.2949°W
Additional Information Route Type: Basic scree and snow scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: 2-3 I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the appraoch as listed on the front of the page. Begins at putvin trail.

Route Description


Follow the Putvin trail until you come to a flat open alpine meadow. Follow the trail to the right an above the second headwall where Lake of the Angeles is reached (4800ft). From there continue southwesterly on the rocky arm of North Skokomish. A saddle is soon reached at the top of the Shoulder (5700ft). Descend about 150ft and then continue to ascend the scree or snow on the Southeast side. To the southwest traverse the exposed rock up to the south summit. 2 hours from L.O.A and 6 hours from Hamma Hamma River road to summit.

Essential Gear


Ten essentials of coarse.
Ice Axe.
Crampons early in season.
Bring a HELMET. The mountains has a lot of lose, rotten rock.
Poles can be helpful when going up the steep putvin trail.


Miscellaneous Info


Skokomish can be done in a long day. However it is a very nice 2 day climb.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.