Viewing: 1-20 of 24
12
rpc

rpc - Mar 3, 2006 1:23 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

Great page Aaron! Puts a lot of pressure on people like me (I need to put together a bunch of these area pages and you've set the bar WAAAAY high :)

Good to see you "on the other side" of the SP revolution ;)

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Mar 3, 2006 1:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent!

Thanks Radek. Yeah, "the other side" has been interesting, challenging and time consuming. The new SP is great though, and I think folks will warm up to it oncethey've affordedthemselves an opportunity to really get to know and master it. There's more to come with Capitol Reef but on a very low profile. There's definitely some climbing challenges you and your better half would enjoy at Capitol Reef, and plenty of first ascent opportunities as well. Thanks for the comment!

RyanS

RyanS - Mar 3, 2006 3:52 am - Voted 10/10

Wow!

I'm ashamed I'm so ignorant of Utah. Never heard of this NP until just now. Glorious page, Aaron!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Mar 3, 2006 4:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Thanks Ryan. Glad you liked it and it enlightened you. Sounds like it's time for you and Erin to get to Utah...once you've escaped PA. You'll love the Reef!

JonBradford

JonBradford - Mar 3, 2006 3:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent

We used to talk a lot about the reef in James Cronoble's historical geology class... Excellent page. Thanks much for posting it.
Jon

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Mar 3, 2006 4:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent

Thanks Jon. This means a lot coming from you, our resident geology reference tool!

tonyo

tonyo - Mar 3, 2006 8:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Great!

Great page, Aaron. Capitol Reef is one of my favorites - in fact, I bought land in Torrey a couple of years back and can't wait to retire!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Mar 3, 2006 11:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!

Great indeed! And good for you! That's a nice place to retire for sure! Thanks for the comment.

Dean

Dean - Mar 3, 2006 11:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Utah is amazing

and you've helped to point that out by this page. Superb effort and it might open the eyes of many who have no clue about the treasures hidden away in Utah. I had a chance to travel this area the past summer and reveled in the diversity of Utah. I'll be making more trips back down there (although I do love the northwest, Utah just gets in your blood).

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Mar 3, 2006 11:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Utah is amazing

Dean-That is so true that Utah does get into your blood. I am enamored with it and I have claimed it is better for hiking than Colorado. My SP Rockies compadres call me a traitor for that opinion, but they just don't know better, which I'm sure you can attest to. Thanks for taking the time to comment. The Capitol Reef Project will keep you busy for some time if you check it all out.

Scott

Scott - Mar 3, 2006 11:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Shhh Aaron

Shhh Aaron, not so loud...

"I am enamored with it and I have claimed it is better for hiking than Colorado. My SP Rockies compadres call me a traitor for that opinion, but they just don't know better, which I'm sure you can attest to."

I've heard that the only reason my house hasn't been egged yet, or worse, for claiming the same thing, is because I live clear out here in Craig, and no one wants to make the drive. Better keep it under raps.

Dean

Dean - Mar 3, 2006 11:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Utah is amazing

Oops, please change my name Aaron, I'm far from dead ; ) I'm considered to be a traitor as well since I'm from the northwest. I have a few pics to add from the southern entry and they make my mouth water for a return visit. I'd also like to explore all of the Henry mountains at some time.

Scott, I'll do my best to keep it a secret : ) My northwest friends will never leave the rain (except for RPC and Shirley)

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Mar 4, 2006 12:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Utah is amazing

Okay Dead-er-Dean-sorry. It's done! We traitors may need to do an SP gathering in Utah's spectacular desert!

Nelson

Nelson - Mar 4, 2006 12:17 am - Voted 10/10

Capital Page!

This is a fantastic Aaron. Jude and I spent a most enjoyable week in Capitol several years ago, and this page brought back the good memories, and thoughts for future trips. Utah rocks!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Mar 4, 2006 12:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Capital Page!

Thanks Nelson! Glad you like it and you like/love Capitol Reef! Thanks for taking time to check it out. There's plenty on SP about Capitol Reef now-be sure to check it all out!

gimpilator

gimpilator - Mar 4, 2006 3:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Utah

I can see it's already been said but I must repeat. Nice Job! I can see you've put a lot of into this page. I love Utah but I must admit I've never heard of this place. I'll have to visit it next time I'm in the area. Thanks for the information.

gjagiels

gjagiels - Mar 9, 2006 5:33 am - Voted 10/10

Favorite National Park

You really did an excellent job on this one! Out of the many National Parks I've visited this is my favorite. I love Capitol Reef, primarily because it is almost unknown therefore no hoards of tourists. And also, it has so much diversity in terrain and sites to see that you'll won't get tired of it. Awesome work!!! :-)

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Feb 6, 2007 4:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Favorite National Park

Yes!

gjagiels-

Thanks for the nice comments. Capitol Reef is certainly a favorite of mine as well, and for the very same reasons. If you haven't already, check out the attached pages. Thanks for visiting the page on SP.

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - May 20, 2009 12:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice update!

Wish I could bump up my vote, but it was already 10. Great photo selection and arrangement!

garchov

garchov - Dec 8, 2012 7:33 pm - Voted 10/10

One State if only

Great job Aaron! Northern Arizona and Southern Utah should be one state if only political boundaries did not influence! The geography is so similar from Sedona up the staircase to Bryce!
Great job!
Gary

Viewing: 1-20 of 24
12
Return to 'Capitol Reef National Park' main page