Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 2664 ft / 812 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

View near the summit


Like all other peaks in Korea Chaanmasan (Mt. Chaanma)is not high at all. And like most of them not virgin as well. But still there is enough to see, enjoy and get relaxed with. To make it more interesting, you can get out of the route for a while. It is a small mountain surrounded by civiliztation!! So even if you get lost, you'll be found soon or end up in the city in less than 2-3 hours.There are several routes and facilities are available at the entrance and on the way. It takes about 2 hours to get to the top. It is any way an experience worth trying. especially if you are with a nice friend. As I was with Samuel...

Getting There

Bus route
Sign


From Seoul sangbong subway station or Chuncheon, both on Gyeongchun line, you can easily get to Pyeongna-Hopyeong. There, just out of the subway station you can get bus number 165 and get off in the last station (5 min). This is the mountain area entrance.

Red Tape & Camping

Entrance
Toilet near the gate


no fires or even heaters are available. Camping? You'd better find somewhere more deep in the nature.There are different routes, but you can get our of them if you want. Just be careful...

Korean style hiking...

On the way
Ribbons
Stairs!!


Things like these photos are quite common in Korea. I usually don't like them but it seems people think differently here. I reall miss Alborz, Zagros, Caucasus and other similar areas

Beautiful views on the route to top

Route view 3
Route view 2
Route view 1

Summit views

summit 3
summit 2
summit 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.