Classical Approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.29000°N / 19.47000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike & Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up & Climbing, T4+T5
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Grbaja Hut (1132 m) - Ljubokuce Valley (1815 m) - Vidikovac ( Viewpoint) - Ocnjak (2185 m): 3.30h, 7h in the winter on the snow.

Route Description


Ocnjak climbing route start from Grbaja Hut in Grbaja Valley, from where route goes accross the Volusnica stream, on Granicarska Livada meadow and than to the left in Lukovaca Potok (1132 m) stream. The path continue about few hundred meters on small rocks and after that goes into forest. After forest path continue again on small rocks and again goes into forest. After 10 minutes the path exit from the forest and continute to the left in direction of Ocnjak massif. Than about 100 m easy ascent till marks which show that you must go right to the Ocnjak massif. Soon, you'll meat the end of the Dolina Ljubokuce (1815 m, Ljubokuche Valley) and also famous Vidikovac (Viewpoint), from where you can enjoy in amazing view to deep Grbaja Valley and also to Popadija, Volusnica, Karaula and Trojan peaks. From Vidikovac go up on small ridge till steep grassy plateau. From Vidikovac till here you'll spent about 30 min. Belowe this part of path is abyss and is recommendation that you need some mountaineering experience for this climbing route. After that path ascent till small saddle and goes to the left on plateau wide just 70 cm (0.7m)(above steep slopes of Krosnja), than on rocky part of the path to the summit.

Essential Gear


In Summer usual hike equipment, in winter you need crampons, ice axe and kable. Of course, the helmet is desirable.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

OčnjakRoutes