Colchuck Peak, the Colchuck...

Colchuck Peak, the Colchuck...

Colchuck Peak, the Colchuck glacier and the moraine at the base of the glacier during the morning of 6-12-04 Can you pick out the two climbers near the top of the Colchuck glacier? They are there but not easy to see (on skyline of glacier) except by this telephoto shot. taken just ten minutes before from a slightly different location.
Dean
on Jun 17, 2004 5:41 pm
Image ID: 57351

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
chskier

chskier - Jun 17, 2004 9:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Yes, Nice.

Very interresting how deeply sculpted this moraine is. The topo does not seem to reflect this extreme formation, though.

cp0915

cp0915 - Feb 23, 2006 4:52 pm - Voted 9/10

Sure looks a lot different (better)

than when I was there.

Dean

Dean - Feb 23, 2006 5:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sure looks a lot different (better)

It gets pretty ugly later on (as you know). What a great area though. The view of those two mountains, Dragontail and Colchuck when you first see them from the lake is one of my favorite views in the state of washington. Thanks for you vote.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 7, 2007 1:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Just getting around to commenting

Dean, you have such an amazing collection of images! I remember this view - it was etched in my mind after my Colchuck Lake hike in 1986. Nice !!! These peaks look as rugged as they did 21 years ago! (I remember seeing two climbers on Colchuck glacier, also.) GREAT !!!
AND, to think the area is so accessible from Leavenworth - no, not the prison! THX!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4