Cristallina NW route

Cristallina NW route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.46490°N / 8.53600°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Scramble over steep slope
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

You reach Passo del Cristallina (2438 m) by three routes:
1. From Lago del Naret (2310 m), over Passo del Naret (2438 m) - Capanna Cristallina (2349 m) - Passo del Cristallina. Cca 1 h 30 min.
2. Through Val Torta, by Capanna Cristallina (2349 m) to Passo del Cristallina.
3. From Robiei (1900 m) - Passo del Cristallina. Cca 2 h.

Difficulty

On the Swiss Hiking Scale, the ascent difficulty would be graded T3.

Route Description

North-west slope of...
North-west slope of...

From Passo del Cristallina (2438 m) you approach the small glacier, lying below the northwestern slopes of Cristallina. You cross the glacier (no crevasses), follow the trails to the upper snow rests and scramble the last 100 m to the peak. If you choose well, you need not to climb, but take care because the mountain slope is very crumbly.

This is the easiest route on Cristallina, so in spring it's also very popular with tour skiers.

Essential Gear

Good shoes, walking poles, if there's a lot of old snow on the slopes (not on glacier rests, which are flat), you would probably need also some winter equipment.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.