East Face Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 31.00000°N / 103.00000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: A few days
Additional Information Difficulty: Very hard
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Build a base camp in the riverside of Long Terrace river (3700m) in the lower right of the photograph.
It is the place that called Muluozi Terrace. It takes 1 day form Rilong Town. There is one small hut.
You will climed up on the east ridge to the top. The east ridge is right hand side of the photograph.
In Rilong Town, you can employs porters and horses to the base. The fee is as follows:
Porter : around $15 each day.
Horse : around $30 each day.

Route Description


Cross the Long Terrace river to the left bank.
Climb the gorge, pass through a wooded area. Then you stand at the foot of East Face.
After that you will have to find the route yourself.
For someone with climbing experience, it should be not so hard.
After climbing to the summit, you can climb down the west face.
At the lower part of west face, you will find Lake Pomiu (4500m) which most people do not get to see.
Decend more, and walk out to the side of Long Terrace river (3600m). On the way to the river, there are two hut.
It will take 1 hour from this point to reach base camp.

Essential Gear


Special gear needed to climb up to the top.
In summer season, usually no snow. But being a mountain there can always be unusual weather including snow fall.
In spring, fall and winter, the route is covered by snow and ice.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.