East ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.77318°N / 0.14981°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.3 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: P.D.
Additional Information Grade: III
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The East ridge of Clot de la Hount (3289m) is an evident continuation from the summit of Grand Vignemale (3298m) but is hardest than the normal route across the south ridge (F+).

Getting There

You must see the main page

Route Description

Clot de la Hount

On the summit of Grand Vignemale (3298m) we'll descent the last section of the ascent but we'll don't descent across the ramp. We'll follow the ridge climbing (I+) always on left side of the edge to a great gendarme (aiguille). We'll border the aiguille on letf side (II-), over the glacier to a gap with the summit. We'll search the chimney (II+ and II) on left side of the summit of Clot de la Hount to get the shoulder and finally the summit. The descent is across the easiest South ridge to colo of Cerbillona to return to the glacier.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe to the glacier of Ossoue.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.