False Impressions

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.45400°N / 122.625°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical climb-Single Pitch
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Approach to base of the Powerline Wall by parking at the second to last curve before the summit lot, and following the Sunset trail SW then W beneath the power lines. Scramble left down 3rd class gully which separates the Powerline Wall from the Crack Wall to the West. You'll then be at the far left/west edge of the powerline wall. False Impressions is the most leftward of the bolted lines. It can be TRed from above, set up your rope before descending the gully. If you are having trouble finding the wall, just don't stray too far from the powerlines.

Route Description


50' Sport climb with 5 bolts. It begins with large flakes/laybacks and moves to crimpier face climbing as you go up. The last bit to the anchors is easier and more run-out. From the anchors at the top, it's easy to scramble to the right, to the top of other 5.10+ routes if you want to set up a top-rope.

Essential Gear


7 Quickdraws, a couple small nuts of TCUs (0-2 size) can be placed, but are not needed.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.