February 2012 Ascent

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Feb 25, 2012
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

The drive is the hardest part

Drove all the way up to where the gate is---RIDICULOUSLY steep! Although we had been told the road was washed out about a year before, we were able to drive all the way up to the gate in a Mercedes SUV without even scraping the bottom of the vehicle. The drive is insanely steep but the road was actually in pretty decent condition. That last steep section is not for the faint of heart driver though. Aside from that, there were no major challenges on the way aside from finding the way. It was a bit farther to the turnoff to the dead end road than were expecting but the sign was still there so we knew we were on the right track.

Parked at the gate and Brita and I ran up to the summit. It may be short, but the road is insanely steep! When we came around the corner to where the summit is in view, we saw 4 Bighorn Sheep with, well, big horns! They were near the summit. I snapped a picture when we got close enough and then they ran off shortly thereafter. It was pretty cold and windy on the summit, so we took some pictures, ate a granola bar and drank some fluid and ran back with the sun setting. It was pretty nice. Easiest peak I've ever done physically, but getting there was a bit of a pain but not unbearable.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Scrub Peak (UT)Trip Reports