Fuji Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.65968°N / 122.10136°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike or snowshoe
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Turn off Highway 58 (Willamette Pass area) at the sign for Waldo Lake, 3 miles west of the Willamette Pass summit. Follow the paved road 5897 for 2 miles, to the trailhead sign on the left. Park on the shoulder on the right. This is the Fuji Mountain Trailhead.

Route Description


Follow the trail at the trailhead. The path climbs steeply for about a mile, and then goes through a broad, wooded benchland. At the 3-mile mark, you will encounter Birthday Lake, a small, tree-lined, swimmable pond. Just beyond Birthday Lake is Verde ("Green" in Spanish) Lake. The lake water does indeed look green from the trail. Continue another 0.2 mile to a trail junction. Turn right and follow the trail to another junction. Take another right and continue 1.2 miles to the summit of Fuji Mountain. The view of Waldo Lake and the Willamette Pass area is excellent.
Round-trip distance is 11.2 miles.
Elevation gain is about 2200 feet.

Essential Gear


Water. It can get hot here in the summer, and the only water sources are the lakes on the lower part of the trail. A map might be useful. A good map of the area is the USFS map "Waldo Lake Wilderness."

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.