Viewing: 1-2 of 2

mountainfrog - Aug 3, 2015 6:07 am - Hasn't voted

Kasturi trek

Nice one :) We did the same trek but different route. We took a round trek instead walking back the same way.

Me, my brother and our father did a trekking late September 2014 with Sikkim Travel Express (http://www.sikkimtravelexpress.com) on the Goecha La/Kasturi route. The crew consisted of knowledgeable local (young) Sikkim people. Our guide spoke very good English to explain about the Kanchendzonga area, but you have to ask a lot to pull out the information. The service was great, food was according the circumstances and the tents were spacious enough. The scenery during track was amazing, although the weather was usually cloudy and rainy (late September). Better to go in late dry season, just before winter. This trekking is ideal for those who want to go into remote areas with no mass tourism.
I strongly recommend to take the Kasturi route unless you don't like challenge. The Kasturi route is very pleasant trail specially when you don't want to return the same trail back. View in particular was really amazing and we spend our last two nights with a local family and in a Buddhist monastery.

Sikkim Travel Express and the crew did its best to guide us through the trail, but make sure to get a right information forehand.

Thanks!
Joel

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Aug 10, 2015 1:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kasturi trek

Hi Joel,
yes, Sikkim is just a pleasant and friendly country and treks are wonderful and above all not too crowded. A friend of mine is planning to go there next November and the round trek you took seems very interesting. I'd suggest it to my friend!
Thanks for the info!
Silvia

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Goecha Là trail: sun lighting up Kangchenjunga' main page