Hawk

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.73600°N / 74.191°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.4 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: PG
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Description

Since the rock fall from 2008, the start is slightly different than the book. There are a lot of loose pebbles and rocks on two ledges, so please make sure you don't kick off a rock avalanche for people down below. Pitch 2 and 3 are still the same.

Pitch 1: Climb the crack to two ledges below a left facing corner. Belay at a tree. (5.3, PG, 80')

Pitch 2: People get lost on this climb a lot, just remember that you need to go over three corners. Climb up into the first corner about 15 feet and traverse right on the face. Then from there, aim for the second corner which is diagonally up right. Go around and move out to the face (the crux), move up right again and go over the third corner and climb up to the GT Ledge. A few fixed pins on this traverse. (5.4, PG, 40')

Pitch 3: Climb up the corner and face to the top. (5.4, G, 40')

HawkPitch 1.


HawkPitch 2.


HawkBetter view of Pitch 2.


HawkPitch 3.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.