KV Hiker Baker Point 08-01-2009 #4

KV Hiker Baker Point 08-01-2009 #4

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 35.85251°N / 118.503°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 1, 2009
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer

KVHiker 08-01-2009 Baker Point #4

Baker Point Lookout 08-01-2009Baker Point Lookout from Baker Point. 08-01-2009


I went on a hike with the Kern River Valley Hiking Club on August 1st, 2009. On this day we did Sunday Peak, Baker Point/Lookout, and Tobias Peak/Lookout. I took this picture from Baker Point (7754'). When we got up there we saw a giant stick coming out of some rocks behind the lookout. It turns out that this is Baker Point, and there is a register there.

The lookout has no attendant, but we spoke to the attendant at Tobias Lookout afterwards and she mentioned that the Baker Point Lookout might be remodeled soon. It might become a lookout again, or it might become a place that people can rent and stay in.

This is my fourth summit of Baker Point, and I noticed that somebody did some trail maintenance recently. Some large trees had fallen on the trail, and I could still see the sawdust from when they cut them off of the trail. Thank you! It looks great!

Photos here

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Baker PointTrip Reports