L'Au d'Alesse

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.17850°N / 7.11310°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You can reach L'Au d'Alesse by :

- the highway A9, exit Martigny/Fully
- at Dorénaz, the little road of Champex d'Alesse
- then, the road of 6 km without practicable coating of l'Au d'Alesse.

Route Description


Bee carefull... the way of Alesse is much longer and difficult than the way of l'Erié which is the usual way. This way must be reserved to walkers having good physical conditions.

Since the mountain pasture, a path reaches the "Portail of Fully", that one coutourne by overhanging the Valley of the Rhône vertiginously, to lead to the Hut of Sorniot. Since In Alesse, one can also go up to the Demècre Hut, direction Dent de Morcles, to go down again on Sorniot....

From Sorniot, take the way to L'Erié till you are under the avalanche barriers left just after leaving Sorniot.

The path climbs initially on the south-eastern face and crosses the avalanche barriers. Sloping but without particular difficulty, it skirts then the southern edge until the top by getting unforgettable sights on the Valley of the Rhône, 2000 meters lower!

Essential Gear


For a simple hiker, it's necessary to wait till there's no more snow, that's to say till june/july.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.