Malvassora

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.50040°N / 7.33390°E
Additional Information Route Type: Rock climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: D max 4c
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To rif. Pontese take a trail and go to north, after few minutes go on the left, across the wood bridge and follows the wanded trail until to arrive in a good flat. Panoramic point on the Piantonetto Valley (1 h). Now broken rock begin. Follow the traks and the cairns, you enter in a little valley. Now you can see the face SO of Becco very well. Climb on the rigth the broken rocks slope until to base of wall (2 h).
It need climb the base wall. It's 250 m hight and it need do a few II/III difficulty moves. There are many cairns to sing the way. You arrive at the big ledge, and you can see the central spur where the route is, a big cairn show the attach. (2,45 h to rif. Pontese)

Route Description


To the base spur, climb the dihedral on the rigth (4b), or better the dihedral/chimney on the left (4c, and sun in the moorning), arrived to a slab. Climb the slab and then a little chimney (4b). Traverse to left the buttress, follow a ledge since arrive to a dihedral base. Climb the dihedral (4b) and go out to the left since a good terrace. Now climb a little wall and a vertical dihedral (4b) and arrived to a terrace on the spur. Keep to the vertical buttress since a ledge. On the left when the ledge reduce it, climb a open dihedral and rock step since arrived to a second dihedral. Climb it and when it finished traverse to rigth to a smooth slab. Overcoming the chimney (4c crox) and go up for slabs since to good ledge. Now follows a series dihedrals you arrive to the summit.

Descent


To double rope on new route bolted whit spits or bolts since to a base of the route.

Essential Gear


On the route there are many pitons, take only a few nuts and normal rock material. Two rope 50 m long.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.