Meseta del Everest

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 25.87929°N / 100.58336°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See the Getting there section.

Route Description


The hike starts to the north of the parking area, the trail is unmarked at first but well worn, it winds up a sometimes steep mountain slope for about 1.5 - 2 hrs to the spot known as Mesa de los Pinos, a nice plateau covered with pine trees, at this point there is a "Y" split, the one to the right leads up to Cerro Cuadrado, take the left trail and hike up and down a couple of plateaus following a few arrows and some cairns up to the Meseta del Everest plateau (about 1.5 hr.), this is the one where a shiny silver metal cross can be spotted to the left before entering the forest again. From here the trail is not easy to pick up through the grass but it follows the rocky ridge visible to the north where some cairns and ribbons mark the way to the summit about one more hour away; one has to be very careful every step on this last stretch having to step on sharp rock edges and avoiding the thorny agaves that cover the ground.

Essential Gear


No technical gear is needed .
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.