Monte Postoucicco / Postovcic - Cuel di Lanis / Lanez ridge tour

Monte Postoucicco / Postovcic - Cuel di Lanis / Lanez ridge tour

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.29678°N / 13.22818°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: medium hard hiking tour
Sign the Climber's Log

Rating the Route (By Hiking Standards)

See full screen

The grading system for hiking and scrambling routes is here.

0. General: From 800 m to 1629 m, exposition N and E. At first a comfortable hike by a well beaten mountain/shepherd path on Tazaoro / Tam za goro meadow, then a tiny, well marked mountain path on Dolina notch, finally a more or less pathless terrain (a few marks) - by the whole ridge over three main summits. Descent is easy. By the Swiss (SAC) Hiking Scale the rating would be T3.

1. Effort: cca 1050 m, 6 h 30 min for the whole tour (up an down).

2. Power: 2 - Easy.

3. Psyche: 3 - Medium hard.

4. Orientation: 3 - Medium hard (a few riddles on the ridge).

Getting There

See the main page of Cuel di Lanis / Lanež how to get on the mountain road below Plan di Tapou / Topol. We park on 800 m.

Route Description

Slanted slabs on Monte Postoucicco / Postovcic
The slabs on the ridge

The route from the parking place to Tazaoro / Tam za goro meadow, Dolina notch and on top of the first ridge summit is described on the Normal ascent route on Monte Postoucicco/Postovčič. From there, the continuation goes like this:

The summit of Monte Laschiplas / Laški plaz is very close to us - in the western direction. We descend from Monte Postoucicco/Postovčič and soon reach a big, slanted slab, which is clearly seen already from the valley. We detour the picturesque slabs by descending a little and then crossing below them. On the other side marks get lost (and so the tiny path). We ascend by a gravel slope and only then turn right over a steep edge into a pine-bush terrain. There the path is distinguishable again. We ascend on the main ridge and continue by it towards Monte Laschiplas / Laški plaz. One more rocky barrier needs to be detoured right, then we go up on the summit ridge and on top.

The continuing ridge is more ovegrown with pine-bushes and in many places the path is not distinguishable. We keep mostly to the ridge, but the path still goes up and down, on many places detouring dense vegetation areas. The first part is nice, it goes by the main ridge and is very panoramic. Then we start descending more considerably and the path winds a bit more. Only in a few cases it goes by the very southern edge, above the grassy abysses, where some additional care is needed (here pine bushes help). Just before descending on the lowest part of the ridge - the saddle below Cuel di Lanis / Lanež, there are a few more such details, but generally going by the ridge is safe, although quite unpleasant.

On the saddle before Cuel di Lanis / Lanež we face a dilemma where to continue. In our guidebooks it says that the eastern ridge of Cuel di Lanis / Lanež is hard to be passed, so it is recommendable to cross the slopes towards the right and ascend on top by the well marked and beaten path, coming up from the meadow. We did so, but crossing the steep slopes was still unpleasant (no path), because we didn't want to lose much of the gained altitude. However pale marks indicate that you should continue by the ridge on top. I don't know if later it is still convenient to cross towards the right, but even so when we were on top of Cuel di Lanis / Lanež, I saw marks coming up also by its E ridge. So, even if it looks steep, the ridge may be also passable.

If we cross on the NE slopes, the marked path then brings us over the northern ridge on top (easy). From Monte Postoucicco/Postovčič 1 h 30 min.

 
Descending from Monte Laschiplas / Laski plaz
Descending from M. Laschiplas / Laški plaz
 
Towards Cuel di Lanis / Lanez
Towards Cuel di Lanis / Lanež


We best descend over the NE slopes and broad meadows directly on Tazaoro / Tam za goro meadow.

Essential Gear

Add Essential Gear text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.