Morning light on Stones Peak

Morning light on Stones Peak

Stones Peak reflected in the waters of Cub Lake. September, 2002.
Nelson
on Sep 9, 2005 12:11 am
Image ID: 125176

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Todd Caudle

Todd Caudle - Sep 10, 2005 12:11 am - Hasn't voted

Sunrise or sunset?

Just a question, given the direction of the light: Could this be a September morning instead of evening? Beautiful shot. I liked it enough to look on a map to see what I was seeing, hence the question.

Nelson

Nelson - Sep 10, 2005 11:15 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sunrise or sunset?

And a good question it is Todd. I hesitated a while before writing "evening", but settled on that because I have have no recollection of being up there in early morning recently. My wife and I have a tradition of hiking The Pool - Cub Lake loop in late September afternoons in a counter-clockwise direction so we can come down the valley as the elk emerge from the trees for the bugle ritual. I think this was taken on one of these hikes, but it may be that we were camped back there and I just don't recall. It sure looks like morning light, though, and perhaps that is a better indicator than my faulty memory!

I do know that this was part of a series I shot right after purchasing a Singh-Ray GND filter to compare the difference.

BTW, I saw your superb new book in a bookstore recently, but held off on purchasing it on the hope you will be coming up to Fort Collins for a lecture.

Todd Caudle

Todd Caudle - Sep 12, 2005 1:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sunrise or sunset?

Excellent! I vote for sunrise.



As for a Ft. Collins event, I'm planning to get in touch with the fine folks at REI in FC to see about setting something up for the holiday season. Walt and I really want to sign books up there. Thanks for the nice comment, I really appreciate it.

Mountain Jim

Mountain Jim - Jun 5, 2006 8:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Sunrise

Nelson ... nice shot !!! It's sunrise. The light is on the eastern side of the mountain.

Nelson

Nelson - Jun 6, 2006 4:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sunrise

I have to accept that the sun sets in the west, and that it's time to get used to not relying on memory! :-}

Caption has been edited. Thanks for your comment, Jim.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5