Trinity Peaks Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 33
12
RyanS

RyanS - Jul 14, 2004 5:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, Barry. I knew I was gonna love it in Vestal Creek, but being there in person is nearly a religious experience!

William Marler

William Marler - Jul 14, 2004 11:16 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Look forward to the info.

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Jul 14, 2004 3:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

It's coming well!

RyanS

RyanS - Jul 14, 2004 5:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Marmot!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 14, 2004 5:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I second attm! You don't need to put up more info - the pictures alone make the page worth more than four stars already. Still I suppose more info would be ok ;-)



Great effort so far



Gangolf

Kane

Kane - Jul 16, 2004 8:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Now that's what I call a fantastic SP mountain page. Your comprehensive page is undoubtebly the most imformative collection of Trinity Peaks info available to the common public.



Now, enough of the goo goo ga ga stuff. Hows the summer treating you? Looks good from my perspective. I'm happy that you have the opportunity to hike and climb with some of Colorado's most well respected climbers. You must be learning a lot about the Colorado backcountry. Lucky you and congrats on forming strong relationships with good people.



Whats next for you? Are you still trying to get all the 14ers this season? See ya.

RyanS

RyanS - Jul 19, 2004 9:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The summer's been fabulous! We knocked out Little Bear in June, as you know, and we climbed Mount Wilson two weekends ago, so we're "All But Culebra" now. It's really fun to not be thinking about the 14ers. It's as if the whole state is my playground, and I can go anywhere! Consequently, I can see why some just ignore the 14ers, but I'm proud to be all but finished.



I enjoy playing things by ear, and seeing what peak is catching my fancy by the end of a given week. We didn't even decide on Audubon/Paiute/Toll until last Saturday! I have a few more peaks that are priorities -- Pico Aislado, West Spanish Peak, and Navajo Peak -- but mostly I'm going unplanned for the rest of the summer.



In truth, I've only been climbing with Ken Nolan twice this year, Ken being the only "all-star" to join us for a climb, but he's a great one to have along!

Colonelpyat

Colonelpyat - Jul 17, 2004 12:26 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Awesome. I like the geology overview. Great set of pictures!

RyanS

RyanS - Jul 19, 2004 8:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, Pat! I still have tons to learn about geology, but I love to know how some of these beauties were created.

Nelson

Nelson - Jul 17, 2004 8:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

An utterly fantastic page, man!

RyanS

RyanS - Jul 19, 2004 8:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Many thanks!

Andy

Andy - Jul 18, 2004 9:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page! Thanks.

RyanS

RyanS - Jul 19, 2004 8:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote!

Diggler

Diggler - Jul 19, 2004 7:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This is a 5-star page- extremely well done! Instead of "...and they offer what Robert Ormes calls "one of the finest scrambling traverses in the San Juans." ," though, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "...what Robert Ormes called "one of the finest...?" Anyway, great page- I have now yet another beautiful part of Colorado on my checklist!

RyanS

RyanS - Jul 19, 2004 8:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I agree, Diggler, I made the change. I generally don't use the past tense for that kind of thing, but Ormes is long dead. Thanks for the vote!

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Jul 19, 2004 9:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You're welcome.



Are you going to Kit Carson next weekend?

Chris

Chris - Jul 19, 2004 11:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

What an outstanding page, extremely thorough. It's obvious you put a lot of thought and time into this page and it shows, great job!

- Chris

RyanS

RyanS - Jul 20, 2004 12:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Many thanks!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 21, 2004 8:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I am compelled to ramble off a diatribe here...FIVE STARS EASY!



Ryan, this is outstanding SP work, an example of the finest caliber! I was simply wowed. It was such a joy to read your thoughtfully crafted text. The photos are of course incredible and gorgeous. Even the highly detailed route photos look great and really do an excellent job at getting the feel of what it is like to climb the Trinities.



I second Kane's remark about information on the Trinities. Such quality information and presentation is a rarity indeed. Nothing anywhere exists, in a real or virtual medium, on the Trinities that is as complete and comprehensive. You've done your fellow SPers proud!



For those seeking these important and stunning summits, what a treasure to stumble onto it at SP! SP is still the little guy (in terms of traffic) on the Internet. What an incredible feeling it would be to discover such a hard to find treasure here. Probably just as well. We don't want the mountains getting trampled, either.



Your work on SP has been an inspiration to me and many other members, but this Trinity Peaks page is a stunner from the get-go, and plainly your best work. A shining example of the finest the finest can aspire to be at SP! Your massive effort in planning and executing the expedition, followed by your obvious preparation and careful submission of this page is clearly evident and does not go unnoticed or unappreciated by your fellow SP members. I look forward to the day we finally personally meet.



Congratulations on this effort and also to what has become a stellar season for you and Erin.



With all of that said, WELL DONE, sir!

Larry V

Larry V - Aug 2, 2004 12:13 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Outstanding peak page, and great photos!

Viewing: 1-20 of 33
12
Return to 'Trinity Peaks' main page