Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 49.19039°N / 22.58311°E
Additional Information County: Bieszczady Mountains
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 3294 ft / 1004 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Dwernik Kamień ( formely called "Holica" ) is a viewpoint, with a height of 1004 meters, situated on the northern hillsides of Mt. Polonina Wetlinska.
View from the summit involves such peaks like Magura Stuposiańska Summit, Tarnica Summit, Caryńska Polonyna, Wetlińska Polonyna, Smerek Summit. You can also admire the view of Caryńskie Valley and Przyslup Carynski Pass on the East. 
The summit is surrounded by few villages with Nasiczne Village and Dwernik Village on the East pending Zatwarnica Village on the Northwest.

Getting There

 You can reach the top of Dwernik Kamień from Nasiczne Village and Zatwarnica Village.

 Two paths leads to the top from Zatwarnica Village as well as two paths leads from Nasiczne Village. The trails are fairly well marked so even inexperienced tourist should not get  lost in local wilderness. The fastest way to get to the Zatwarnica Village or Nasiczne village is to head north in the area of Berehy Górne Village. To the settlements leads  decent road so you can get there by car. Berehy Górne Village is located on the "Pętla Bieszczadzka"- road which runs from Lesko Town up to Ustrzyki Górne Village and  next leading to Ustrzyki Dolne from where it returns to Lesko Town.

 The best  option is to get there by own car but there're a few buses each day from Rzeszow City(150km). The nearest international airport is located in Rzeszow City(3-4  hours of driving by car, buses often stops in local villages and minor towns so it takes a little longer).


Unnamed Image
Unnamed Image
Berehy Górne Village- If you turn left you'll get to Nasiczne Village 



Routes

Unnamed Image
Dwernik Kamień trail









Red Tape

  Dwernik Kamień is located in Bieszczady National Park Area and standard law of national parks obtains here.
  No hiking after dusk as well as it's allowed to walk only on marked trails.
  No fires and camping apart from a few designated places.

   There is also a fee which is charged for enterning the Bieszczady National Park, especially in Summer time.  Places where you can buy tickets are usually opened no sooner than    9 am ( the fee is 3-6 zlotys) and single ticket will do for the whole day from dawn to dusk.

                                                                                        Current foreign exchange rate 


  If you get into a trouble or you're in for some accident you can notify Bieszczady Rescue Service (phone number 601 100 300) but do not abuse their goodwill, remember     that there might be some people who need help more than you  so use it as a last resort.

When to Climb

           All seasons are good.

          Dwernik Kamień summit is rather secluded peak even in Summer. Beautiful at any time of the year, I recommend to visit it in Autumn especially.

          Most people visit Bieszczady during the summer time (June, Jule, August). Mountains are rather empty and desolate in Spring, Winter and Autumn months so you'll    certainly avoid many meetings with other tourists.


        Weather Forecast for Smerek Summit (close to Dwernik Kamień)

        By courtesy of Tomek Lodowy I attach a list of Live webcams in Bieszczady Mountains and other mountains in Poland



Camping

 Scounting home base in Nasiczne Village. Very secluded place, good location and proximity to main routes leading to Wetlińska and Caryńska Polonyna. Seasonal refuge open only from the First of May to the last days of September. More information on website.

 A little further Koliba Refuge on Przyslup Carynski Pass. Open all year round, good location. 


Koliba Refuge
Koliba Refuge


External Links




Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
yatsek

yatsek - Jun 28, 2016 5:44 pm - Voted 7/10

The other way round

This page should be the parent for your album (not a child of it).

Kamil Slimak

Kamil Slimak - Jun 29, 2016 4:11 am - Hasn't voted

Changed

Thanks for advice, still learning the site :)

yatsek

yatsek - Jun 29, 2016 6:27 pm - Voted 7/10

Re: Changed

No problem - I used to be a teacher. :)

Viewing: 1-3 of 3



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Western BieszczadyMountains & Rocks