Normal approach from the south

Normal approach from the south

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.42745°N / 13.45413°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Nice easy marked route.
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

For the south ascent you must deter from the highway in Chiusaforte and travel through Rakolana (Reklanica, Raccolana) valley to Sella Nevea (Nevejsko sedlo) pass, 1142 m. This pass can also be reached from Tarvisio towards south through Valle Rio di Lago (Jezerska dolina). On Sella Nevea you turn towards north-west and drive by a narrow alpine road to Malga Pecol (meadow), 1520 m.




Route Description

On the normal route to Spik Hude Police.On the normal south approach.
From the parking place you continue in the NE direction over the macadam road all the way up to well visible hut Rif. brazza, 1680m. From the hut you continue in the north direction to the crossing. Here you follow the signposts for Spik Hude Police / Cima di Terrarossa. Before you come to the steeper part of slopes you cross nice grassy slopes where you can hear, rarely see, a lot of marmots. Soon you come to the steeper part where in many switchbacks you cross the south slopes of Spik nad Tratico / Cima Cambon, 2391m. The route is well marked and very wide. It is an old military route. In sunny days here you will meet many people. So you ascend over the grassy and rocky slopes to the east ridge of Spik Hude Police. Before you come to the the ridge there is a crossing with a start of ferrata Ceria Merlone. From the ridge you can look in the steep and high couloir Canalone Huda Paliza. To the summit you have around 100 meters over the rocky slope. The view on the summit is amazing.

You descend by the same route. For the ascent and descent you will need around 4 hours.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes. No special gear.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.