Normal route from south ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.77590°N / 7.10680°E
Additional Information Route Type: basic ski, snow rackets trekking
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: trekking
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The start point is Challancin (1610 m), the small village described in the main page where it’s possible to park the car.

Route Description


The route takes about 3 hours to go with the snow and something less in summer:one hour half to get the Col de Bard and another hour half to get the top.
The way winds on a country road going up to a group of alpine huts named Arpilles.
From here a path go up in the thick wood up to the Col de Bard (2176 m).
This is the part of the way where, in winter in case of important snowfall, it’s easy to loose the right path, then, in this case, it’s better the presence of someone knowing the area.
At the Col de Bard we have two possibilities:
the first, taking about 40 minutes, is the panoramic Court de Bard (2261 m) in south direction;
the second, taking about 1h e 30’ minutes, is to turn in the north direction and to reach the Punta Fetita (2623 m).
Very soon the wood ends and the wide ridge leads easily to the top.
In summer some yellow tallies indicate the good direction.
WGS84 UTM Zone 32T:
Challancin starting point 351.375 E 5.069.090 N
Arpilles 352.274 E 5.069.174 N
Col de Bard 353.293 E 5.068.245 N
Court de Bard 353.265 E 5.066.839 N
Punta Fetita 352.817 E 5.070.891 N

Essential Gear


In winter time with snow, also if the way is not dangerous, don’t forget the ARVA, shovel and probe.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.