Normal route from Sudetendeutsche hut

Normal route from Sudetendeutsche hut

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.03800°N / 12.59300°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble and hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and easy secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The starting point is the Sudetendeutsche hut that is approachable from many sides.You can ascend on it after Dr. Karl Jirsh Weg, after route from SW below a cargo cable car and other possibilities.
See the page of Muntanitz for more descriptions.

Route Description



View on the Kendlspitze from the Sudetendeutsche hut. On the right side is the Dürrenfeld notch.

From the Sudetendeutsche hut you follow the signposts for the route 502b and soon you come to the first crossing where you turn to the right and you cross the SW slopes of the Gradötz spitze (3063m) and come to the next crossing. On the left go the normal marked route on the Gradötz spitze but you continue over the second route and you come to the short wall below the Dürrenfeld notch (2823m). You will climb it with help of the fixed iron ropes. It is not too hard.

From the notch you descend some meters and come to the third crossing where you turn left and start ascending over the west slopes of the ridge of Kendlspitze. When you stop crossing the slopes you will turn to the east direction and you will scramble over the steep scree on the ridge of Kendlspitze. You come on the airy notch and then over the airy north ridge you climb on the summit of the Kendlspitze (3088m). The route is well secured.

You descend by the same route if you want return back to the Sudetendeutsche hut.


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, rope for not good climbers.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.