North Sister - annotated photos

North Sister - annotated photos

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing

Annotated photos of North Sister in late season

After climbing this peak six times in the snow and rock conditions, and hearing lots of stories of people having route finding issues, I decided to post up a few photos with annotations of the exact route. 
The photos below were taken in September 2013, and are pretty representative of what the mountain looks like with no snow, which in a typical snow year is from about mid August to mid-September.

Please click on the images below to bring up the full-size original, in which you will be able to read the annotations.

Feel free to download these photos to your phone, or print them out and bring them with you on your climb, and I would appreciate it if you let me know if you find them helpful.
If you're looking at this page, you don't have much of an excuse if you get lost up there!

Thanks,
Johngo


 
North Sister  - complete route
 



 
North sister summit detail
 


 

 
North sister - terrible traverse
 


 
route from Arrowhead Lake
 

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.