Old Black Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
bdreese2

bdreese2 - Jan 31, 2021 5:41 pm

Old  Sucess!

https://peakbagger.com/climber/ascent.aspx?aid=663455

technicolorNH

technicolorNH - Nov 21, 2017 6:59 pm Date Climbed: Nov 16, 2017

the herd path has just about disappeared  Sucess!

It appeared as though the cairn on the AT was dismantled but the remains of the old herd path were vaguely discernible through the brush, at least until you hit the blow down section. It takes a little bush whacking to find the summit, but nothing like what is required for Guyot.

PhenomenalWoman

PhenomenalWoman - Sep 26, 2011 11:22 pm Date Climbed: Apr 15, 2011

Wind Whipped  Sucess!

Hiked from Cosby campgrounds up Snake Den Ridge on the way to Tricorner Knob Shelter. 4.5 miles never felt so long! Very glad to meet up with the AT and get some shut eye under the stars. Hit Mount Guyot the next morning before heading back down to camp.

Tbacon251

Tbacon251 - Aug 10, 2011 10:15 am Date Climbed: Aug 5, 2011

Bushwacked!  Sucess!

Bushwaching is an understatment. Made the summit via CMC trail number 651. It appeared there had been a storm come through and blow down several trees which made things a bit difficult.

Eleutheros

Eleutheros - Apr 17, 2011 2:22 am Date Climbed: Apr 15, 2011

Snake Den Ridge En Route to Tricorner Knob Shelter  Sucess!

Like most high peaks in the area, the summit is covered with fallen debris, dense tree stands, dead trees and (blueberry?) bushes. A small cairn marks the start of an overgrown manway that attempts to navigate this mess. The ascent from Cosby was longer and more difficult than expected... overall a rewarding dayhike from the campground to Tricorner Knob shelter. Slept under the stars.

desainme

desainme - Oct 5, 2010 11:46 pm Date Climbed: Jan 3, 1986

Good Winter hike  Sucess!

Did this shortly after new years out of Cosby.

mlandau3

mlandau3 - Oct 2, 2010 8:21 pm Date Climbed: Sep 22, 2010

Just about the limit for a day hike  Sucess!

And it was a long day from Cosby campground.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Old Black' main page