Anasazi Lace-Up

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Anasazi Lace-Up
Manufacturer Five Ten
Page By bigwally
Page Type Jan 26, 2003 / Jan 26, 2003
Object ID 642
Hits 7662
Vote
The most precise climbing shoe in the world>The Anasazi Lace-Up< *Pink

*Lace-up

*Lined Cowdura synthetic upper

*Side exit heel seam

*Asym toe

*Slingshot rand

*Dual pull-on loops

*$143.00

*Sizes 3-12.5 in 1/2 sizes (order~1size larger)

Reviews


Viewing: 1-4 of 4

bigwally - Jan 26, 2003 8:16 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
It is Truly, the most PRECISE shoe ever made. They are like a lace-up slipper ; all the flexibility of a slipper, with all the aspects of a very form fitting lace -up. These shoes changed my climbing for the Larger and Better. It needs to be said that they edge and smear with great excellence, but that should be a long foregone conclusion. Did we mention that these were the shoes that Chris Sharma was wearing when he did the World's First 5.15?..... What changed my style so radically is their excellence in cracks. For years I crack climbed only in stiffer, and sometimes high-top shoes. These Anasazi Lace-ups have all of the hold/crack conforming flexibility of a slipper and NONE OF THE PAIN!!!! The uppers, made of COWDURA are very resistant to wear and abrasion...and the soles are, of course, the stickiest rubber yet made.! I LOVE THESE SHOES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I Hope that they never stop making them. Just in case they do, I've already bought extra pairs, even though the pair that I bought 2.5 seasons ago are still going strong.....and I get to Guide 100+ days a year !!!!!
The only down sides are the sling-shot rands and the sizing. Slingshot rands on ANY shoes irritate me ( so I "thin-slice" them with a razor knife to eliminate that incessant and aggravating pinch). The sizing is not consistant with either the sizing of other boot manufacturers, or even with other FIVE.TEN boots. ?So what's new? It just means that you'll be wearing about a full size larger than usual....
TRY THEM !! YOU'LL LOVE THEM !!!!!!!!!!

marygilbert - Oct 13, 2003 1:37 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
As I'm kinda new to rock climbing, I haven't tried that many different rock shoes...Spires, Infernos and some pair of slippers....However as soon as I put these on I knew that they fit my feet ohh soo well. Guess that most shoes are designed for guys and I have a high arched, narrow heel, ladies' foot...and they just fit. Being less rigid than the boots that I'd had previously is just great. I can feel what I'm standing on, or jamming in AND my feet still stick quite well. If anyone has only climbed in the stiffer shoes, I really recommend trying something softer. If You've never tried these, I really encourage You to try a pair out. They sure helped me...and they are comfortable !!!!

mibu - Feb 13, 2010 1:55 pm - Voted 5/5

Recommended
Very precise climbing shoe with very good grip. Very good performance on small footholds. Not comfortable for me (they are half size less than my regular) so I mainly use them for short routes. The successor of this model is now Anasazi Lace-Up Blanco and Anasazi Verde.

wordlessnature - Nov 17, 2014 12:46 am - Voted 5/5

excellent shoes
Great shoes. I just acquired a pair of the blancos, and they are performing magnificently. Snug, without feeling cramped, and very forgiving yet still precise, even for a technical climbing beginner such as myself.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4