* Sizes are based on men's boots.
** Fit may vary depending on boot style.
• Invert the overboot's heel section
• With OR logo on outside of ankle, push boot toe to front of overboot
• Grab heel loop inside overboot and pull the heel section up
• Tighten internal strap
• Close hook/loop front closure and top closure
Brooks Rangers have been on the summits of the most brutal peaks in the world. Closed-cell foam insulation around the base traps heat and is compatible with step-in crampons. Dense Poron foam in the insole prevents the cold from passing through the sole of your boot and stiffening your toes. The breathable soft shell upper lets you push on without resistance.
Avg. weight: 24.2 oz./686 g (size L, w/ foam, per pair)
My experience with these have been positive. Though you have to try them on with the boots you are going to be wearing.
Outdoor Research makes excellent gear and the Brooks Ranger is no exception. These over boots are nice fitting and the size chart....
S M L XL XXL
US 4–7 6–9 8–11 10–13 12–15
EURO. 35–40 38–42 41–45 43–47 46–50
....is fairly accurate, based on men's sizes.
The shell is Schoeller, so it is not as "bullet proof" as the expedition crocs. A great piece overall.