Product DescriptionEddie Bauer Hiking Pole
Model/Style # EB 95915
• Comfortable cork-like hand grip with adjustable strap
• Adjustable telescopic sections
• Durable carbide tip
• Detachable plastic summer basket
• Made of durable aluminum alloy
• Detachable protective tip cap
• Anti-shock design
• Separate rubber tip
• Maximum Extended Length = 55 in. (140 cm)
• Collapsed Length = 28.5 in. (72.5 cm)
• Cost at Target: $19.98 each
Though mass-market retail through Target these poles have fit my needs perfectly in the past 10 months. I love my Leki poles but they are not collapsible and I wanted to try out some poles this year in preparation for travel out west in August.
I really like the adjustability factor, especially when I am changing terrain. Last fall I was carrying a huge, overweight backpack and these little poles made the going bearable, especially downhill. On a different hike I was walking through a rockfield and simply switched the length to increase my stability. I also really like the cork handles, very similar to those on my Lekis.
I've probably already put about 100 miles on these poles and will definitely take them with me on the plane to Olympic NP and Rainier NP for day hiking in August.
Only reason for giving 4 instead of 5 stars is that these poles are not as sturdy as my Lekis. At some point no doubt I will jamb one of them into a tough spot and bend it too far!
- These poles held up admirably for my hikes in the Olympics and Rainier NP last month BUT one pole DID NOT survive the airline ride home in a Lands End duffel or I should say the entire Lands End duffel bag which had flown very well several times on Southwest Airlines came off the Delta conveyor belt looking as if someone had burned half of the bag. One major casualty of the accident was the cork handle of one pole split off. I had very carefully packed each pole with ends in my hiking boots to protect the poles and give the duffel bag stability I thought. Oh well, I least I still have one pole and my Lekis.
No reviews written yet.