Maverick SV

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Maverick SV
Manufacturer Arc'teryx
Page By Erik Beeler
Page Type Nov 17, 2003 / Nov 17, 2003
Object ID 855
Hits 5967
Vote
This unique, trim-fitting fleece jacket is constructed with a Polartec Wind Pro® face and laminated, high-loft pile back.



It delivers supreme warmth, stays dry and wicks away moisture



Schoeller® Dynamic reinforcements on the shoulders and elbows add durability



Gusseted underarms provide comfortable, non-bulky fit



Two hand pockets with laminated zippers and pocket facings



Laminated internal chest pocket and laminated sleeve pocket with laminated zipper



Full front zipper with interior wind flap; drawcord hem



Average weight

1 lb. 11 oz.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-4 of 4

Erik Beeler - Jan 3, 2004 6:29 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Love this jacket. Soft, comfortable and definately warm. It breaks the wind well and keeps you warm in cold temps. I wore this jacket with an Alpha SV shell and a power stretch base layer in zero degree temperatures and stayed warm. If you are woking hard it would be too warm. In 14 degree temperatures in windy conditions I had to take it off when making a climb from 12 to 14 thousand feet. It seems very durable so far and my friends kept borrowing it when I was not using it and all of them spoke of buying one for themselves.

Last year I found them on sale for $130 but Arcteryx now lists them at $240.

The Defiant One - Mar 31, 2005 10:41 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I love this Jacket too. Got a deal on it too. Its very comfortable, i've worn it in sub sero temps with just a thin synthetic top under and it kept me warm and toasty. I agree it's too warm to climb in, but it's great in cold weather and WIND.

RModelli - Sep 18, 2005 11:52 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
great jacket, great fit, contoured body and the material is flawless.

It sheds wind and the DWR on the shoulders sheds water from drizzle.



Very warm, good combination wth an hardshell if you want ot leave the down ...home...

MountaingirlBC - May 7, 2007 5:49 pm - Voted 5/5

5 shiny stars
This bombproof fleece jacket is one of my favorite pieces of gear and probably my favorite item of clothing.

It's Polartec Wind Pro fleece wraps you in a cozy layer of warmth that blocks the wind like nothing else I've ever encountered. The thick layer of high-loft fleece inside is warm, furry with outstanding wicking properties and breathability. The combination of the insulating, wicking inner layer and the windproof, water resistant outer layer makes this jacket damn an indispensable item in my weather arsenal.

I've used this jacket comfortably on everything from spring rock climbing trips to full on winter storm conditions while backcountry skiing and am consistently amazed at it's versatile and reliable performance.

The moisture management with this jacket is really impressive. It wicks sweat so efficiently that on a winter ski trip I didn't even realize I was sweating until I took it off and realized that the outside of it was soaking wet under my shell. The inside had stayed dry. The next day, I wore the Maverick on its own for a long cold ski out in high winds and never felt so much as a draft even though I needed to stop to warm up my hands several times in spite of warm primaloft & goretex gloves.

Though I haven't tested it in serious rain yet, in drizzly conditions, it has always kept me warm and dry.

The Maverick is not only a technically superior jacket, it's good looking enough to wear around town (ok I do live in Vancouver... the city where it's considered socially acceptable to wear socks and sandals year round). It isn't at all bulky which I've enjoyed both while skiing and rock climbing. I love the little inside left breast pocket which fits a few credit cards and a cel phone perfectly. I wear it all the time and it is holding up very well with hardly any signs of wear in spite of regular wear and washings.

Last time I checked Arc'Teryx was still making this jacket in Canada so snap one up before they go offshore. It'll cost more than your average shell but its well worth the money for this one.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4