Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Rick B

Rick B - Sep 3, 2018 2:21 am - Voted 10/10

Small comment

Hi, nice page, but I would have one small comment, and that's that the first picture appearing on the page in the first section is of the Pflerscher Tribulaun, not the Weisswandspitze. It is a bit misleading for people just glancing over the page, and I think it would be better to use a picture of the actual Weisswandspitze there?

Best,

Rick

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Sep 3, 2018 2:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Small comment

Thanks for the suggestion! I liked to open the page with the photo of the Tribulaun and there's a caption under it, but it could actually be a bit misleading in this position for a very superficial observer!
I'm going to make a change on the page, I will put first the two photos of the Parete Bianca and following that one of the Tribulaun.
The best to you too, Silvia

Fausto79

Fausto79 - Dec 30, 2018 8:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Bellissima

Thank you for the post on Weisswand S. it's one of my to do peaks. i tried this August 2018 but time didn't let me. I used Telferweissen (from Rosskopf peak along ridge. There is some dolomia up the top and fixed ropes) as a practice run before attempting Weisswand. My plan was to go up from the Magdeburger H. side and come down from the same direction without forming the loop.

How would you rate the difficulty of this? is it a dangerous hike?

I was born in Sterzing and my parents live there so i visit quite often, but i live in Australia so hard to come as often as i would like. I am hoping in august 2019 i will be there again to try Weisswand S.

fantastic photos by the way and rock type explanations. i find this very interesting. avrei scritto in italiano ma ormai e piu facile per me in inglese.

Ciao,

Valerio

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Dec 31, 2018 9:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Bellissima

Ciao Valerio, thank you for your message!
l just climbed the Weisswand last August staying overnight at the Refuge Calciati below the Tribulaun, then i climbed across the ledge cutting the wall. Only a walk even if a bit exposed. Then it follows an easy rock slope to get the summit. I did the round trip descending to the Magdeburger Hut (there are some fixed ropes). Nothing of difficult (I degree UIAA) but it's required steady foot.
My best wishes!
Silvia

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Parete Bianca/Weisswandspitze' main page