Anyone for Aconcagua in March/April?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
innuksuk

Anyone for Aconcagua in March/April?

by innuksuk » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 pm

Just wondering if there is anyone up for Aconcagua in late March/early April. Plan would be either normal or Falso route, self supported (although we'll use mules to cart the BC/high camp gear in first). It'll be a bit cheaper and much less crowded, but not yet out of season.

For me, due to work stuff, it is either that or a winter ascent in September. Please holler asap if anyone has been thinking about it. 2-3 would make a good team for it.

col

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm not sure that you'll find someone that will take mules in to BC that late in the season. I thought that the generally stopped services in early March.

innuksuk

by innuksuk » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:44 pm

mconnell wrote:I'm not sure that you'll find someone that will take mules in to BC that late in the season. I thought that the generally stopped services in early March.

Yeah. most probably. Am currently checking around people in know in the region. I do know the winter season is technically between April 1st and November 14th, but permits can be bought in the low season up to 31st March. what I don't know is whether or not your coverage as per the permit etc. extends to winter if bought in-season?

Anyone know?

Return to South America