Arcteryx Gamma LT

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Flatlander2climb

Arcteryx Gamma LT

by Flatlander2climb » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:37 am

Hey all, just had a quick question. I've been looking for a light, quarter zip softshell jacket just for light use....mostly around home/on campus/in town this spring (but that can also double as a comfortable layer) and was looking at the Arcteryx Gamma LT pullover. I realize there are cheaper alternatives but I want a good, quality piece that will last and I've been dying to try some Arcteryx for myself after all the good things I've heard about them so this seems to be a relatively affordable way to kill two birds with one stone as far as that goes. I've read quite a few good reviews of the LT but since I've only tried on the Gamma MX and Alpha LT jackets in a local gear shop a couple of times I don't have a good handle on how Arcteryx's sizing is. I'm about 5' 10" and 180 lbs. Would medium or large be better? I like an athletic fit, but not so tight I can't fit a shirt under of course. What say you?

Thanks!

no avatar
zeroforhire

by zeroforhire » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:21 pm

I'd say a medium. The Gamma LT is a nice piece... another great option is the backcountry.com rime pullover.

Flatlander2climb

Mammut

by Flatlander2climb » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:05 pm

How about the Mammut Kala Pattar? Anyone know about it? Looks like a nice one as well......

Return to Gear