arteryx gamma ar pants and MH super power hoody review

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
kkline91

arteryx gamma ar pants and MH super power hoody review

by kkline91 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:30 pm

I have to say these two items are absolutely fantastic as a midlayer jacket and outerlayer pants. The super power hoodie is good worn over lightweight baselayers down to single digits when im active and can easily be layered with my NF apex jacket or my NF optimus jacket if really cold and/or inactive. The pants stayed warm and dry in knee deep snow for hours running through the fresh snow from our recent blizzard that hit chicago. The integrated gater hook at the front elimanted the need for me to wear gators while running, doing some sledding, and trudging through snow unburying cars. I highly recommend the sp hoody over the jacket version cuz I used the hood if my head got too cold with just my midweight balaclava. The pants also stretch well so when running uphill there was no resistance from them lime I had in convertible NF pants. Have to say both were well worth the money. Thanks goes out to the folks recommending I get a softshell pant cuz the rei taku pants can't compare to these and I got marmot precip pants if I get rain anyway to toss over the top and take back off when rain stops.

Return to Gear