Best Boise Area Trail Run?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.
birdhead

Best Boise Area Trail Run?

by birdhead » Tue May 08, 2012 6:25 am

I'll be in Boise for a job interview and want to check out the trails near town. I'll have about two hours free on Wednesday afternoon. I'm looking for trail recommendations where I can take in some nice scenery and get a feel for what the area has to offer (in terms of trails). Something in the 5-8 mile range with 1000-1500 feet of gain would be good. I'll have a car and be staying in downtown Boise and don't mind driving a bit. Looking forward to any suggestions!

Thanks,
Dan

BeDrinkable

Re: Best Boise Area Trail Run?

by BeDrinkable » Tue May 08, 2012 5:53 pm

I don't know about 'best' (I'm not much of a runner), but this MAP should give you a nice overview of the trail system here. A couple suggestions: Hulls Gulch (29) which is a nice trail with a moderate climb. You can also continue up various trails from the end junction. The drawback is that it is very popular. Access is Camel's Back Park / 8th st. Also, I used to run a nice loop starting at Julia Davis Park, along the greenbelt and then up Table Rock (trails 15a & 15). This is partly paved (greenbelt) but is along the river, which is nice. It may be a little tricky to find the trailhead. Anyway, hope this helps.

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)