Bothy bags

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 pm

Why putting upper comma :?: I would have writen 257 g = 0,257 Kg but I put 257 g = 0.257 Kg because I'm talking with you

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:03 am

Diego Sahagún wrote:Why putting upper comma :?: I would have writen 257 g = 0,257 Kg but I put 257 g = 0.257 Kg because I'm talking with you

Just being pedantic. Long ago it was common for (some) Spaniards to use an "upper comma" as the radix point.

People often wonder at the confusion of metric versus English units, but I've seen far more confusion over the use of commas vs periods for representation of numbers. In my first journal article, the editors made me switch all periods and commas in tables and graphs. Now the trend is toward the English usage.

tallsailor

by tallsailor » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:18 am

I've been interested in the bothy concept for a while now, but I'm so poor there's no posibility of me buying one for this winter. Any chance somebody who owns one could take some detailed pics and post dimensions up? I would love to try to build one myself, but I can't get my hands on one to inspect it in the small town I live and go to school in.

I keep kicking the idea of a two person bivy sack around, but I think this may be a better alternative... I'll have to keep musing about it. Any advice about prior use of these in the fast and light mentality would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Previous

Return to Gear