Daisy Chains?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
climberslacker

Daisy Chains?

by climberslacker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 am

I recently got a Cold Cold World Chernobyl pack for alpine climbs and have since been mystified as to why such a spartan pack has so many freaking daisy chains. I don't think I have ever used them on any other pack. Is there some use in the alpine for them that I have just never figured out? How can I use them to make my life easier?

MoapaPk

Re: Daisy Chains?

by MoapaPk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:57 am

Two parallel daisy chains make it easy to strap on a lot of extra items... coats, crampons, snowshoes, wet smelly socks, poles... The "strap" can be as simple as a long spare nylon shoelace. On the REI Flash 18, I use a single long nylon bootlace to lash a long sylnylon stuff sack vertically between the parallel chains. It's a removable outer pocket, fairly capacious, and easily accessible without tearing into the main compartment.

no avatar
Kahuna

Re: Daisy Chains?

by Kahuna » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:22 am

A jet pack to get your ass up the route ten times faster so you can then hurry the you know what down and then post a self portraits and a TR on your FB, SP and ST pages!

Oh yeah!

Return to Gear