Enchanted Rock - beta

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.
Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Saw Fear Of Flying...sounds good to me. Looks like a fun multi-pitch route. Now routes like Fly On A Windscreen.....an "X" rated route!? :shock: One bolt??? I'll pass. Think we'll do route like 'Ripple', MD 20/20 and Deep Prok.

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks for the info. It will come in handy. As mentioned on the 'Decent Climbing in Texas' thread', we're not big fans of social gatherings, rather denizens of the obscure and out of the way climbing areas. Is ERock obscure? Hardly. But it won't be a literal zoo, with people jockeying for route position at Quartz Mtn. :roll:

Being away from Deb while on business here in Ft. Worth, you must understand, I'd much rather spend some intimate time with her. We're staying in a nice B&B outside Fredricksburg. Gonna wine taste on Saturday and then climb on Sunday.

I'll be sure to check on the guidebook but I already bought one online Sunday, with the hopes that it makes it to my hands before Friday.

battledome

by battledome » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Skip the whole stupid thing and drive west to Hueco Tanks.

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 pm

battledome wrote:Skip the whole stupid thing and drive west to Hueco Tanks.

Evidently you didn't bother to read the post indepth. Now, if I had 4 to 5 days to burn, I'd consider your stupid post.

"Virginia Is For Lurkers"

Deb

by Deb » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:57 pm

truchas wrote:Have a good time. Fredricksburg is a little over-rated unless you like shopping for junk. If you want a good drive to check out the Hill Country, take 16 south from Fredricksburg through Kerrville and down to Medina. Hang a right and go west on 337 to Leakey. Take a right and go north on 83, then take a right and go back to Kerrville on 39. 337 is probably the 3rd prettiest drive in Texas.

And if you do drive into Austin, from Marble Falls take FM 1431, another excellent drive.

Wow! You've sure got a negative attitude about OUR plans; both of your posts are downers. Good thing we won't be in the same place at the same time. :roll:

Deb

by Deb » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:59 pm

We did have a great trip. Loved the rock! Saw 2 other sets of climbers all day and a few sets of Scouts. The rain had to get some attention but we were nearly done and ready to drink beer in the parking lot anyway Sunday afternoon. :lol:

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:36 am

Sorry for the late reply. Never did get up to Stranger Than Friction but did the following routes:

-Mark of the Beast
-Boston
-Newark
-Dome Driver
-MD 20/20

Previous

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)