Gannett Peak July 2021

Find climbing partners in the Northern Rockies.
bdreese2

Gannett Peak July 2021

by bdreese2 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:20 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm planning a week long trip with the main goal being Gannett. If time were to allow I may also aim for Borah and/or Grand Teton. For Gannett I would likely plan for 4 days on the Glacier Trail, but am flexible. I'd like to plan for July or August, maybe the first week of September. I'd be coming from the east coast. Would anyone be interested in planning to join me for this? It's a good ways off.

Brad
Last edited by bdreese2 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garbear

Re: Gannett Peak 2021

by garbear » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:39 pm

Brad,
Hi. I tired Gannet a 1.5 yr. ago solo....most likely not best time of year ...way to much snow.
This year I have a trip scheduled and am looking for up to 2 more climbers for weekend of June 25th, 4 days .
Most likely 5.9 route and less traveled ...still to be decided.
I have Mt. Guides booked as it was was going to be a 1:1 yet welcome others to join us.
I am also coming from East ...NC.

like to see if in your plans to join?
Garbear -Gary

bdreese2

by bdreese2 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:27 am

Gary,
I appreciate you reaching out, but I don't think the description you've posted will work for me. I have lost some flexibility in my schedule since I initially posted on this board. A combination of my work and personal schedules will prevent me from making an attempt in June or the 1st week of July. This will prevent me from joining you, and I'm not sure I'd want to aim for the 5.9 route even if my schedule allowed.

Thanks,
Brad

bdreese2

by bdreese2 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:28 am

For anyone else that comes across this post that may be interested, I have found one likely climbing partner for this trip (who I've hiked and climbed with before), but we'd still like to add a couple of people. We're aiming for the Glacier Trail approach and targeting the week of July 18th, though we're open to flexing our plans to the week before or after the 18th, and maybe the first week of August if it were to allow us to build a strong group.

Let me know,
Brad

Return to US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)