Keeping gear in the car, is it bad for it?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Mike Swiz

by Mike Swiz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Hotoven wrote:
Mike Swiz wrote:
Hotoven wrote:Hey Mike, I'm just starting this year to really get into Rock Climbing, what do you say one of these weekends I drive down and we could hit up a good spot in Maryland, PA is kind of dry as far as rock goes...Is there anything good near where you live or in between us we could meet up at for a day?

I'm still a complete novice with roped climbing only having been out a couple times but I would definitely be up for it. There really isn't anything multi-pitch local, but there are plenty of places within an hour of my house to climb. Or there is always WV, I have a friend who lives in Davis which is not far from Seneca.

Here is a link to an small online guide (there is much more in the actual book), but it will give you an idea of what is around here.

Indy's Guide

Edit: to add content

Still a novice! Last time I talked to you (A year ago) you were all about building your wall and getting into climbing! (haha I'm just poking fun :wink: )

I do a lot of top roping and just getting into sport climbing which is much more fun. I could care less about muti-pitched stuff for now. So if you know of any rocks with some rad sport routes let me know. I'll take a look at that climbing guide too. WV is a bit far for me. Its hard for me to get a full weekend off work. So the closer the better.

I've mostly been doing bouldering (which is what the wall in my barn is for, no need for ropes when you're only 14' up). I've been going back to college so this past year has left very little time to learn new things. As far as sport routes in MD, There are very few of them as far as I know (someone else can chime in if they know of any areas with some sport routes). There are plenty of places to top rope though. I think Rocks State Park might be closer to you than my house, but not sure if there is camping there though. Send me a PM with what weekends are looking like a possibility and I'll check my schedule.

I will be in NY tomorrow for a funeral and then at Assateague Island Friday through Sunday camping on the beach so I may not get back to you until Monday.

Previous

Return to Gear