National Geographic TOPO

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Nick Turtura

National Geographic TOPO

by Nick Turtura » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am

I upgraded to Mountain Lion for Mac and lost the use of my trusted TOPO.

I'm sure we all use the same TOPO, the National Geographic one that is "almost awesome." Before I downgrade my computer as to continue using this almost awesome program, I am asking fellow climbers if there is a better TOPO program out there?

I would like to still make routes and build profiles. I also plug my gps into my laptop as I'm driving the dirt roads looking for trail heads (huge help.)

Any suggestions are great.

tchau

summitfever1990

Re: National Geographic TOPO

by summitfever1990 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Let me know if find anything. Looking into it myself.

brichardsson

Re: National Geographic TOPO

by brichardsson » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Nick Turtura wrote:I upgraded to Mountain Lion for Mac and lost the use of my trusted TOPO.

I'm sure we all use the same TOPO, the National Geographic one that is "almost awesome." Before I downgrade my computer as to continue using this almost awesome program, I am asking fellow climbers if there is a better TOPO program out there?

I would like to still make routes and build profiles. I also plug my gps into my laptop as I'm driving the dirt roads looking for trail heads (huge help.)

Any suggestions are great.

tchau

i am not sure which version of topo! you are running, but i recently had a similar issue after a system upgrade. i contacted the topo! support people, and they upgraded all my state discs to the most recent versions, which fixed my problems. i have no issues now.

one caveat: i am on a windows machine. but i can't imagine they would be able to solve the same problem for a pc and not for a mac.
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

Return to Gear