New Page Owner For Desolation Peak Page

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
Redwic

New Page Owner For Desolation Peak Page

by Redwic » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:04 am

Hey, everyone. I just adopted the SummitPost <a href=http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/151214/desolation-peak.html>page</a> for Desolation Peak, in the North Cascades. Surprisingly, the original page had a decent page score despite no photos by the original page owner, extremely vague and limited information about the mountain and its routes, and incorrect information.

I have made major changes to the page, and might continue to do so in the coming days. I hope to do this page some justice, as I think this is a fabulous peak that should be highly recommended.

Any page views, votes, and/or suggestions are much appreciated.

-Redwic

MoapaPk

Re: New Page Owner For Desolation Peak Page

by MoapaPk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 am

Redwic wrote:Hey, everyone. I just adopted the SummitPost page for desolation peak <<< CLICK LEFT

TLP

by TLP » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Nice rework of the page. I was just out that way, but I didn't have time to do it, and I figured it was still too early in the season. Someday in the future I do want to go up that mountain.

Redwic

by Redwic » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:30 pm

TLP wrote:Nice rework of the page. I was just out that way, but I didn't have time to do it, and I figured it was still too early in the season. Someday in the future I do want to go up that mountain.

In my opinion, it is definitely worth it. The trail is kind of boring, but any of the approaches just to get to the trail would be interesting. The views from the summit ridge and summit are awesome!

cp0915

by cp0915 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Twas the very first peak I ever summited in the North Cascades. Memories!

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)