It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:57 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Acclimatization for Khan Tengri

Hello,

I'm looking for possible acclimatization peaks before attempting Khan Tengri.
Current options I found would be Ala Archa, Karakol Peak, Karly Tau and Bayankol Peak.
However, except for Ala Archa it seems to be very difficult to find some good information?

Any suggestions or information about these peaks?

Thanks.
Read more : Acclimatization for Khan Tengri | Views : 4428 | Replies : 2

Ideas for 1-2 weeks in N India in March? Ideas for 1-2 weeks in N India in March?

I'll be visiting new delhi for a few weeks in March 2014, for work related matters. If it works out, it would fun to tack on a short additional time for some climbing up north (or anywhere accessible and safe, i.e. not pakistan). My timetable is relatively short--i think i would have 1-2 weeks at most.

I'm not familiar with what is possible in that area, and that time of year essentially during winter. Any ...
Read more : Ideas for 1-2 weeks in N India in March? | Views : 4022 | Replies : 4

Island Peak - help and advice

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help. I've found myself with free time for the whole of October and wondering if it would be possible to climb Island Peak in this time. But I'm looking for information from people who know the mountain.

1) I've heard that Island Peak can be climbed in a week, is this true?

2) What's the Visa requirements (if any) for a UK resident? or can I just fly to ...
Read more : Island Peak - help and advice | Views : 6109 | Replies : 3

A short walk in the Sandache Himal

So it all came about a little like this…

Pete was approached to make a doco about climbing Ama Dablam for an expedition company. Being the top bloke that he is, Pete asked me to tag along. The AD doco idea fell through. But we had both made windows for October in Nepal and we were now foot loose and fancy-free.

With some not so idle googling, we found Hunku. Reading Nick Bullock’s account of ...
Read more : A short walk in the Sandache Himal | Views : 4999 | Replies : 6

Which 2-3 peaks should I do in Nepal?

I am looking to head to Nepal in April and will have about 1 month to get in a few peaks and I am not sure logistically what would be possible.

I have climbed Island Peak already so don't want to do that again.

The level of climbs I would be looking at would be around these:

Pokalde
Lobuche East
Mera Peak
Tharpu Chuli
Kyajo Ri

Maybe there are some others I have missed or ...
Read more : Which 2-3 peaks should I do in Nepal? | Views : 4522 | Replies : 3

Lhakpa Ri - any recommended expedition guides

Does anyone have any experience with this mountain and can recommend a guide? with reasonable price
Read more : Lhakpa Ri - any recommended expedition guides | Views : 6143 | Replies : 4

Mt. Ararat without a package tour?

It looks like the locals around Ararat set up a mafia and only offer package deals for climbing Ararat. Does anybody have experience climbing this mountain independently and legally? I know a permit and guide is required. Anybody know who/where I can obtain this and climb on my own?

Thanks,
Kevin
Read more : Mt. Ararat without a package tour? | Views : 8917 | Replies : 3

Alpine Guide of Kyrgyzstan

Vladimir Komissarov and all members of ITMC at Bishkek have the pleasure to announce the availability for free of an Alpine Guide for Mountaineering activities in Kyrgyzstan
at the following URL at "Google docs"

- English : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2-VwKV ... sp=sharing

- French : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2-VwKV ... sp=sharing

Henri Leveque
Read more : Alpine Guide of Kyrgyzstan | Views : 3526 | Replies : 1

Mongolia - western mountains

I'm just wanting to know if anyone has been mountaineering or trekking in Western Mongolia who could share some advice on the area?

I am planning a trip out there in November for 4 weeks or so, we will be flying or catching a train into Ulaanbaatar and I'm keen to gain some top tips etc from other people who've travelled out there and explored the Western mountains. We are both mountaineers and climbers and ...
Read more : Mongolia - western mountains | Views : 5826 | Replies : 3

Everest Base Camp in November

Hello all,
Could anyone tell me what kind of daytime/nighttime temperatures to expect at the Everest Base Camp in early/mid November? I'd like to trek up there and that's the only time that my schedule is open. I'm prepared for it to be cold, but I'm not sure how cold to expect.

Thanks
Read more : Everest Base Camp in November | Views : 12409 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558044 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136631