It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:00 am

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Nepal Climbing Permits - What Am I Missing?

I am planning to head to Nepal for some climbing next fall. I want to climb on smaller peaks (under 7K) and don't want to climb with more than one or two partners, so no organized groups. All the information I've found online has been cryptic, or more likely, I'm too dense to understand. My research has indicated that most peaks under 7K are permitted by the Nepal Mountaineering Association, and it appears that they ...
Read more : Nepal Climbing Permits - What Am I Missing? | Views : 3292 | Replies : 1

Nanga Parbat Kinshofer Route

Hi Guys,

i'm planning to go to Pakistan in july/august 2014, and try to ascent the Diamir face. I'm in contact with a Pakistan (well known and approved) expedition organization. They sent me detailed information about the possibility and option. They can provide a full package, including the logistics, summit fee's and permits for around 3700,- us dollar per person.

So, regarding the safety issues, i starting planning for the trip. But who wants to ...
Read more : Nanga Parbat Kinshofer Route | Views : 3725 | Replies : 0

Incredible scenery

My wife and I took the bullet train to Huashan from Xi'an, stopping en route to Beijing. I've got to say that unless you're planning to stay at the top of the mountain I think the people that do this in a day trip from Xi'an have got it right. We stayed the night in Huashan village and it is pretty crap - overpriced, dirty hotels and nothing whatsoever to do except go for a ...
Read more : Incredible scenery | Views : 2964 | Replies : 0

Muztagh Ata Trip Questions

Hello,

For those that have climbed Muztagh Ata, did you rope up? If so, between which camps? We are going to be climbing and skiing Muztagh Ata this July (starting on the 12th) and I am working out a packing list. I have heard different opinions on the need to bring a harness, axe, and rope or not.

Thanks
Read more : Muztagh Ata Trip Questions | Views : 5536 | Replies : 4

Lenin & Khan Tengri Logistics

Hello,

Any recommendation on companies that can provide logistic for airport pickup from Bishkek Airport to hotel in Bishkek then transport to Lenin BC. Followed by transport back to Bishkek then transfer and flight to Khan Tengri BC? Team of four only looking for logistics and maybe basic BC service.

Thanks,
Kevin
Read more : Lenin & Khan Tengri Logistics | Views : 4229 | Replies : 2

Everest Expeditions in Autumn

Are there any reputable expeditions on Everest in the Autumn? A search on the internet gave me some really spotty information, mostly about expeditions that already happened or on websites that appeared to be out of date or factually incorrect. The 8000m only expeditions I see in Autumn are summitclimb's Cho Oyu expedition.

It looks like I'll have a window of time to do it before B-school this Fall (Starting in January). Not sure when ...
Read more : Everest Expeditions in Autumn | Views : 3285 | Replies : 1

Pumo Ri? Pumo Ri?

i took this pictures during track from the BC to IBC on Everest Tibetan side. Can someone tell me if the peak pointed by red line is Pumo Ri? How about a sharp looking one to it's left?

pumoRi.jpg
Read more : Pumo Ri? | Views : 6964 | Replies : 9

Easy peaks India - Nepal

Hi everyone..

I'm a begginer climber :geek: visiting Nepal and India (ladakh and kashmir) next May/June, and I would like to have Information about wich are the easiest and most convenients options to climb a mountain or a good high trekking arround this part of Himalaya.

I will be greatful of any advice you can add for help me on this trip.

Thanks !
Read more : Easy peaks India - Nepal | Views : 7367 | Replies : 5

June ascents in Nepal

A few years back myself and few others summited island peak on the 12th of June. A long tough day, deep snow etc.
The only climbers we saw for the entire trip were in lukla, flying out as we were arriving. We had the whole khumbu to ourselves, which was great. We took a chance going out of season as it was the only time I could go. I guess we got lucky. I was ...
Read more : June ascents in Nepal | Views : 3114 | Replies : 1

Khan tengri / marble wall trip report

Looking into a trip to Kyrgyzstan in 2014, came across this trip report, thought it was worth posting, some great photos here, great trip report

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~aburke/K ... /index.htm
Read more : Khan tengri / marble wall trip report | Views : 5595 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558071 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136683