It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 11:45 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Sad Demise Safdar Butt Former President Alpine Club Pakistan

:( It is informed with sorrow that Lieutenant General (Retired)Ghulam Safdar Butt Founding Member Founder Secretary General and Former President Alpine Club of Pakistan expired in Lahore on 01 May 2006 after a brief illness at the age of 78.
He was buried at Lahore the same evening May God Bless his soul in eternal peace in the Heavens.
Late General G S Butt was the main ...
Read more : Sad Demise Safdar Butt Former President Alpine Club Pakistan | Views : 2157 | Replies : 1

Torugart Pass: public bus not open to the third country

Dear Friends:

Recently some climbers told me that they wanted to cross Torugart Pass by public bus. I learned that the public bus between Bishkek and Kashgar is not open to the third country.

But the public bus is open to the third country between Kashgar and Osh.

Please visit my website(www.muztaghata.com) if you want to learn more details.
or email: climbing@126.com
Kong
Read more : Torugart Pass: public bus not open to the third country | Views : 1343 | Replies : 1

Torugar Pass: public bus not open for the third country

Dear Friends:

Recently some climbers told me that they wanted to cross Torugart Pass by public bus. I learned that the public bus between Bishkek and Kashgar is not open to the third country.

But the public bus is open for the third country between Kashgar and Osh.

Please visit my website(www.muztaghata.com) if you want to learn more details.
or email: climbing@126.com
Kong
Read more : Torugar Pass: public bus not open for the third country | Views : 1095 | Replies : 0

Let's go across Khunjerab pass

Salut Mes Amis,

Now we can travel across Khunjerab pass 4715 m, yesterday it's officially announced by Pakistan and Chinese authorities that Khunjerab pass is open for all sort of traffic.

Good news for the tourists.

let's enjoy the marvels of northern Pakistan.

I welcome you to Pakistan.

Imran Schah
imranthetrekker@fastmail.fm
cell ph: 092 301 88 67 92 9
Chitral..

Mountain gods of Pakistan at
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/60868/6fb/ ...
Read more : Let's go across Khunjerab pass | Views : 1175 | Replies : 0

Climb Everest North Side 2007

Hi,
I'm organizing a Mt. Everest climb from the Tibet (north) side in the spring of 2007. This will be a professionally led and organized climbing expedition (not guided). The cost per member for this fully outfitted expedition would be in the US$15,000 to US$20,000 range (not including international airfare) depending on number of members. This includes almost everything...climbing sherpas, yaks, land transport, group climbing and camping gear food etc..... Please feel free to contact ...
Read more : Climb Everest North Side 2007 | Views : 1854 | Replies : 0

Detailed Map of Central Alborz Mountains

Click to see detailed map of Central Alborz Mountains.

This map is unique to Summitpost and as far as I know is the most detailed color coded topographic map of the area.
Read more : Detailed Map of Central Alborz Mountains | Views : 1737 | Replies : 0

Lowari pass to Chitral is open

Salut Mes Amis,

Lowari pass 3200 m to Chitral from Peshawar, which remained close from December to April due to excessive snow, now open for all sort of traffic.

I made it by road from peshawar top Chitral over Lowari pass a day before yesterday, Peshawar to Temergera 3 hrs, Temergera changed the car to Dir, 3 hrs, Dir we took a land cruiser to Chitral 5 hrs.
It's the spring season here in Chitral, ...
Read more : Lowari pass to Chitral is open | Views : 1429 | Replies : 0

penalties for climbing without a permit

Anyone know what the penalties are for climbing K-2 or Everest without a permit? Also, have there been any cases where either the Chinese, Nepalese or Pakistani gov't has prosecuted someone for it? It occurs to me that with fees in the thousands of dollars, financially at least its equal to grand theft. Any info would be helpful, as I'm at work and losing my mind with boredom!
Read more : penalties for climbing without a permit | Views : 1597 | Replies : 3

Ama Dablam spring conditions

Hello,

We are on our way to Nepal in a week or so and was curious if anyone had any idea what the conditions on the regular route on Ama Dablam will be like? I have seen tons of reports for the post monsoon season but none on the pre monsoon season. I am hoping that means there will not be that many people on the mountain. How different will the conditions be from those ...
Read more : Ama Dablam spring conditions | Views : 1158 | Replies : 0

Spring Festival in Hindukush, Pakistan

Salut Mes Amis,

The famous spring festival of Kalash community of Chitral (Hindukush), will be from the 11th to 14th of May in the valleys of Romboor, Bamborate and Birir.
It's marked with milk, flowers and colorful dances by the young Kalash girls and boys and one of the most famous and colorful event in the remote corners of Hindukush round a year.

I wish you all the luck,

Imran Schah
Read more : Spring Festival in Hindukush, Pakistan | Views : 1154 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558009 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136544