It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 4:24 am

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Help needed - Nepal himalayan treks .KMZ files?

Hi All,

If I can remember right, from this forum I downloaded an awesome set of Google earth routes owing to the great Nepal Himalayan treks(.KMZ files)..
It was quite useful for me in planning my expedition which I went in the month of March 2013.

If any of you all have a link to those please do let me know since I cannot find them anymore.

Cheers!
Thinuwan
Read more : Help needed - Nepal himalayan treks .KMZ files? | Views : 3721 | Replies : 1

Everest Base Camp Advice

Hi all, I'm thinking of a trek to EBC in November but concerned it might be too crowded. Any advice? Is there less crowded alternative to the standard route? Is November a good plan - what's the recommended month? Is it possible to charge cameras & phones at the tea houses, are mosquitos a problem?

Sorry for the long list, but any advice greatly received. Thanks, Cathy
Read more : Everest Base Camp Advice | Views : 5690 | Replies : 4

A bloodbath expensive but well worth it

Be ready to pay norwegian prices to this chinese place but it's far worth it. From Xi'an take the bullet train which takes very little to arrive to the city then pick a taxi and be aware that there are 4 peaks (north south east west) so be aware of the logistic ad obviously the english of everyone (included the people of the ticket counter) is way unexistant. Be sure to go to the plank ...
Read more : A bloodbath expensive but well worth it | Views : 3004 | Replies : 0

bus meakan onsen to Lake Akan hokkaido Japan

I'll be hiking either lake akan to Meakan onsen or the reverse in late september 2014. I wanted to know if any one might know the bus timetable for trailheads.
thanks jim
Read more : bus meakan onsen to Lake Akan hokkaido Japan | Views : 3001 | Replies : 0

AZERBAIJAN

Having regard to the debates on this forum about the delineation between Europe and Asia, I was not sure where to post this question, but I am sure you will forgive me if I have erred. :)

Has anybody climbed Mount Bazarduzu, and can anybody tell me a bit more about it?

Thanks,

Gerry
Read more : AZERBAIJAN | Views : 4573 | Replies : 3

Easiest Peak To Climb in Pakistan

I have basic rock climbing experience.Been to camp 1 of Nanga Parbat and Base Camp of k2 via Gondogoro Pass but never summited a mountain before in its true sense.Please list a few peaks to get me started.
Read more : Easiest Peak To Climb in Pakistan | Views : 10035 | Replies : 2

Expedition Pik Pobeda (7439m) - partners wanted

I´m looking for climbing partner or group of partners for Pik Pobeda located in Kyrgyzstan. I would like to share the expenses for mountain guide etc. Expedition start date - end of July, early August. It is possible to think about some other 7 thousand mountain (Muztagh Ata, Baruntse, Pik Lenin....) Contact: vaskosava@gmail.com
Read more : Expedition Pik Pobeda (7439m) - partners wanted | Views : 3593 | Replies : 1

Gathering a group for ascent to Muztagh-ata (7546m) Gathering a group for ascent to Muztagh-ata (7546m)

Good day to everyone!
We are gathering a group for non-technical ascent to MUZTAGH-ATA (7546m, WESTERN CHINA, Xinjiang province) and scenic tour around KYRGYZSTAN.

Muztagh-ata is known as one of the highest "easy climbs" from the technical point of view but due to its elevation by no means should be treated this way.
The tour was costructed with the help of local agencies, we´ll be accompanied by local guide on the mountain. All the base ...
Read more : Gathering a group for ascent to Muztagh-ata (7546m) | Views : 3345 | Replies : 0

Going to Yellow Mountain

Our family will be traveling this summer to Shanghai, China; and Melbourne and Sydney, Australia. We plan to visit Yellow Mountain; a railway trip away from Shanghai. I understand Yellow Mountain gets 15 million visitors a year compared to Yosemite at 3.5 million visitors. So we shouldn't be too lonely there! Haha! But my question to you all: do you recommend any class 2 hikes/climbs within 100 miles of the above three cities? Thanks in ...
Read more : Going to Yellow Mountain | Views : 9032 | Replies : 10

Information about Tukuche Peak (Dhaulagiri-Hidden Valley)

I am planning to climb Tukuche Peak (6.920 m) in the area of Hidden Valley, close to Dhaulagiri, in the central north Nepal this autum 2014 and I am trying to find information about the route (difficulty, crux-passes, camps, base camp conditions, photos, ...). Does anyone here have direct information or any idea where can I get that information?

I will be very thankfull.
Read more : Information about Tukuche Peak (Dhaulagiri-Hidden Valley) | Views : 4373 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558003 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136531