It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:21 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

South Lake/Bishop Pass Trailhead

Can anyone tell me if there is a (working) pay phone at this Bishop Pass trailhead? Or if there is even marginal AT&T wireless signal? Thanks!
:)
Read more : South Lake/Bishop Pass Trailhead | Views : 3280 | Replies : 7

C 2 C

I find myself with a business meeting this September in Anaheim on a Friday. Is it conceivable to drive from Anaheim to Palm Springs on a Friday night and do the C2C hike ? I am wondering about drive time, and time to get back down and to the airport. (LAX likely) Thanks, Scott

p.s. This is a hike I have wanted to do for a long time just needed the excuse!
Read more : C 2 C | Views : 2971 | Replies : 20

Little Lakes Peak to Mt. Morgan Traverse

so I am coming up to do this in a couple of weeks.
anybody done this?
how hard are the slabs on the sw face of LLP?
thanks
Read more : Little Lakes Peak to Mt. Morgan Traverse | Views : 1805 | Replies : 6

Monache Meadow

Thinking of doing an easy two night backpack in this area this weekend. On the map it looks like there are some 4x4 roads, so easy access to motorized vehicles which could be disruptive. Any insight or recommendations for a visit there?
Read more : Monache Meadow | Views : 9385 | Replies : 7

Devil's Slide 1938?

Just dug into an unlabeled box of Lewis Clark's negatives to find shots of seaside cliff climbing. The only hint I have as to where this may be is an article in the 1948 Bulletin about a 1947 climbing accident where one of the participants was killed at Devil's Slide. The article implies that this was a regular climbing venue. I can't ID any faces here. Can anyone confirm this as Devil's Slide or offer ...
Read more : Devil's Slide 1938? | Views : 582 | Replies : 0

Mt. Agassiz conditions

Anyone been up this from Bishop Pass of late? I may get one day off this weekend to chug up there from LA, and it seems like this would be a good route to do while there's still some snow covering up all that talus. Anyone?
Read more : Mt. Agassiz conditions | Views : 2581 | Replies : 5

Jennie lake beta for this weekend

Heading out with a group for July 4th weekend. The NPS website doesn't specifically say anything about the trail and area. Trying to see what we're in fo and prepare (snow/ice/etc.).

Anyone been around those parts recently? Thanks for the tips.
Read more : Jennie lake beta for this weekend | Views : 545 | Replies : 0

Did Anyone Venture into the Minarets this Weekend?

When the road opened last Thursday I thought we would get a tsunami of reports from the area - so far all I've seen is the one tweet from the National Forest about the Shadow Lake trail (patchy snow)

Has anyone seen any of the big lakes recently: Ediza, Garnet & Thousand Island?

Hoping to raft one of them this weekend, really need to know how much the've melted (if at all)

Thanks
Read more : Did Anyone Venture into the Minarets this Weekend? | Views : 2307 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558041 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136628