It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:48 pm

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Big Meadow – Sequoia National Forest

Minor question: Wife and I explored around the Big Meadow campground (Unit 1) yesterday to find a 50’ boulder with several bolted anchors with rappel rings about 100 yards south across the creek. Pretty hard face/crack climbs for me, but we found a few 5.7 routes and played on those for a few hours. Great way to spend the evening.

Any locals know of this boulder and if there are others in the area? Just ...
Read more : Big Meadow – Sequoia National Forest | Views : 2961 | Replies : 2

Split Mountain Conditions?

If anyone has been up to Split Mountain recently, could you report on the snow conditions. We're going up via the North Slope from the East Route, so I'm particularly interested in the Class 3 chute.
Read more : Split Mountain Conditions? | Views : 4304 | Replies : 8

South Desolation Wilderness Conditions?

We are planning on going up Lyons trail and doing Pyramid Peak in Desolation on July 3rd.

Anyone know what the snow conditions are up there?

Thanks!

AB
Read more : South Desolation Wilderness Conditions? | Views : 1897 | Replies : 2

GPS waypoints for Jobs Sister, Freel Peak

Can anyone help me with GPS waypoints for a route to Jobs Sister or Freel Peak from the "trail head" at the end of FS Road 051? I'm not really confident in my cross country route finding skills and could use the help. Thanks in advance!
Read more : GPS waypoints for Jobs Sister, Freel Peak | Views : 1732 | Replies : 5

Mt Whitney hiking partner needed - I have one extra pass

Anyone want to hike up Mt Whitney this summer? I have an extra day pass for Aug 26th.
The pass is yours free, I just need someone to hike up Whitney with. It's my first attempt, and I've been practicing like crazy. I'm heading up there around Aug 22nd to climatize.
I live in San Diego, but if you are somewhere close in So Cal we could go on some practice hikes. Places like San ...
Read more : Mt Whitney hiking partner needed - I have one extra pass | Views : 2990 | Replies : 9

Medicine Lake road conditions

Any info on the road conditions of Medicine Lake area? Are the roads still covered in snow?
Read more : Medicine Lake road conditions | Views : 3503 | Replies : 1

East Side Mon-Tues? Partner wanted!

Hello there,

Just wondering if anyone was interested in doing some climbing on the East Side on Monday or Tuesday? I live in Reno and might make the trip down if I can find a partner

Let me know!

Thanks,

Weston
Read more : East Side Mon-Tues? Partner wanted! | Views : 543 | Replies : 0

Yosemite Valley south rim snow levels

Does anyone know what the snow conditions are around Glacier Point or Taft Point. Or around the valley rim in general?
Thanks in advance.
Read more : Yosemite Valley south rim snow levels | Views : 1984 | Replies : 2

Shasta - Hidden Valley Camp Site Left in disgusting manor

I am posting this to hopefully embarrass the group that left their campsite in Hidden Valley like this. We came across this disgusting mess on our way out of Hidden Valley. It was left by a group that came up around June 12 and left the next day. They set their camp up at the entrance to Hidden Valley. I can’t believe the lack of ethics and knowledge and even morals by this group. The ...
Read more : Shasta - Hidden Valley Camp Site Left in disgusting manor | Views : 9473 | Replies : 37

Skeeters in the Sierra - 2010

It's that time...

help warn fellow SPers where those little bastards are proliferating...
Read more : Skeeters in the Sierra - 2010 | Views : 28186 | Replies : 145

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558042 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136628