It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:16 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Class 2-3 Peaks in the Sierra. Mid June

I will be flying into LA June 17 and intend to be in the mountains from the 18th till the 23rd. I would like to do at least two or three summits, preferably in different sections of the eastern sierra. Nothing serious or pretentious just class two or three and super scenic. (which is everywhere)

I had in mind
-Feather Peak (Royce lakes region)
-Tyndall
-Matterhorn
-ETC.......

I have hiked and climbed around the Palisades, ...
Read more : Class 2-3 Peaks in the Sierra. Mid June | Views : 6615 | Replies : 7

If anyone has hiked the JMT in 14 days please respond.

I'm hoping to get in contact with someone who has hiked the JMT southbound in 14 days in order to better plan my trip. Feel free to post on here or e-mail me at go_live@sbcglobal.net

Tony
Read more : If anyone has hiked the JMT in 14 days please respond. | Views : 6804 | Replies : 21

castle peak - donner pass - skiing

hey i'm planning on heading out from the bay area early early sat. morning and tour for the day on castle peak - any tips or recommendations or things i should be aware of?

going solo, chose castle peak because from what i've read it has fairly low-angle slopes and is fairly accessible.

thanks for any tips!
Read more : castle peak - donner pass - skiing | Views : 2842 | Replies : 7

Can anyone recommend fishing spots along Lone Pine Creek....

That are, say, between the Lone Pine Campground and Movie Road? Either north or south.

We're going to be up there this weekend, and I've fished the campground successfully many times, but am getting rather bored with it.

Anyone? Locals, maybe? Buehler?
Read more : Can anyone recommend fishing spots along Lone Pine Creek.... | Views : 5331 | Replies : 1

Worship at Temple?

any report of how much snow has been dumped at NFork towards Temple Crag over the past week? finally have the time to climb but don't want to break trail thru 3 feet of new powder...

thanks!
Read more : Worship at Temple? | Views : 1237 | Replies : 4

current yosemite conditions

hey ... has anyone been up to yosemite lately? was looking at a trip the last weekend of the month, was hoping to hit up the 4 mile trail to panoramic and down the half dome trail. any word on snow would be great or how far glacier point road is open? (was looking at trails off the road as backup)
if these trails are still looking bad, any thoughts for trails during the time ...
Read more : current yosemite conditions | Views : 3674 | Replies : 11

Castle Crags camping hassle

We climbed a bit at Castle Crags last weekend. The State Park is $25 a night. And prohibits dogs on any trails. We had to carry ours to the climbing (fig. 1). So, if you want to climb alpine at Castle Crags, where do you leave your car overnight? The PCT access off I5 (Soda Creek or something?) had a no parking sign next to it. Any suggestions?

Read more : Castle Crags camping hassle | Views : 6340 | Replies : 15

Ansel Adams Wilderness

We are experienced backpackers from Canada looking to do some preliminary research for a trip this summer.

1. I understand that permits are required - our primary focus is the Garnet/1000 Island Lake area - going mid-week - how difficult will these be to attain?

2. In general when do the lakes themselves melt out?

3. Any other Sierra specific rules/regulations or other peculiarities we should know about?

Thanks
Read more : Ansel Adams Wilderness | Views : 1322 | Replies : 3

Buttermilk Road (Bishop)

How close to the Basin Mountain trailhead can I get with a Toyota Camry? I've never been back there and would like to know how far I'll have to walk.
Read more : Buttermilk Road (Bishop) | Views : 1364 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557972 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459