It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 12:28 pm

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

SOCAL Mountain Avy Assessment?

I think many of us were surprised at the degree the snow compacted after the recent series of storms. Anyone witness or see evidence of significant slide activity?
Read more : SOCAL Mountain Avy Assessment? | Views : 705 | Replies : 0

East side road conditions 2010

I think it's time to start this thread again :).

So, first one, Whitney Portal Rd: how high up can you get these days?? Probably pretty far from the TH ?
Read more : East side road conditions 2010 | Views : 2401 | Replies : 9

Sierra Snowpack Winter 2010

Can someone give me a sense of how the Sierra snowpack is shaping up relative to other years? I'm trying to get a sense of the early summer (mid-June) conditions on Whitney's Mountaineer's Route.
Read more : Sierra Snowpack Winter 2010 | Views : 5652 | Replies : 11

LA Metro Question

We're going to J-Tree in April and flying into LAX. We're taking the Green/Blue rail line to Long Beach during the day. Is the Metro safe for tourists? The Blue line goes through Compton so I was wondering if it was safe for Okie tourists. Thanks.

AE
Read more : LA Metro Question | Views : 1244 | Replies : 7

road to baldy

Anyone know the conditions of the road to manker flats? Could a light 4wd make it up, or a 2wd with chains?

Does snow go all the way down to the trailhead?

I'm thinking of heading up there tomorrow.

Anyone else heading up?
Read more : road to baldy | Views : 1749 | Replies : 5

Mt Morrison

Has anyone skied Morrison's East Face in February?
Read more : Mt Morrison | Views : 2121 | Replies : 9

Anything to do tomorrow?

Anyone have any ideas for stuff to do in the san diego area tomorrow? Anyone wanna do anything, or have any ideas of stuff to do? I was going to go snowboarding this weekend but the roads were closed, so i need suggestions! You guys rock!

-CS
Read more : Anything to do tomorrow? | Views : 996 | Replies : 5

Shasta

Me and my friend are thinking about (eventually) doing shasta, in a year or two. I was wondering what is the best time to go for a fun snow climb? Im thinking either avy gulch, or Casaval ridge both look like lots of fun (in the not fun sort of way). Im thinking either april or may? Of course i will have an avy course be then, and we are both proficiant in self arrest ...
Read more : Shasta | Views : 1715 | Replies : 2

Yosemite Climb Suggestions

It looks like I will have 1 or 2 days to climb in Yosemite this summer and I'm so excited. But there are so many climbs to look through so I knew you guys would have some good ideas.

I'll be climbing with someone who will be less experienced so nothing harder than 5.8 I think. I'd like a few that are 2-4 pitches but maybe another few that are slightly longer like 5-7 pitches. ...
Read more : Yosemite Climb Suggestions | Views : 4366 | Replies : 19

Silverado Canyon Rd open?

Does anyone know if that road is currently open and passable? Trying to get to the Maple Springs parking area for a quick hike up Bedford Peak.
Read more : Silverado Canyon Rd open? | Views : 1634 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558012 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136555